A Note from HVEDC’s President »
The Hudson Valley is known worldwide for its entrepreneurial spirit and innovation. We are widely recognized for our high level of education and our exceptional drive to succeed. We use our intellectual capital, create fascinating ideas, execute our business plans and push our companies to grow.
The START-UP NY program is an excellent opportunity from New York State for entrepreneurs looking to create a business or for current businesses wanting to expand. Participating businesses will not have to pay taxes for 10 years! See the benefits of the program and important information showing how it can help Hudson Valley businesses right on this web page.
Simply put, Hudson Valley, now is the best time to start up a business. Contact us! The Hudson Valley Economic Development Corporation is here to help you every step of the way!Laurence P. Gottlieb
President and CEO
Hudson Valley Economic
Calling all entrepreneurs…START-UP right here with HVEDC!
START-UP NY Helps Those Creating New Companies or Growing Jobs
START-UP NY will foster entrepreneurism and job creation on a large scale across New York State by transforming SUNY campuses and 20 strategic state properties into tax-free communities. In the Hudson Valley, your first step to taking advantage of this opportunity is the Hudson Valley Economic Development Corporation.
Take a look at some of your potential benefits:
- No business/corporate taxes, sales taxes and property taxes for 10 years;
- No employee income taxes for five years, with extensions given for another five years under high-income eligibility exclusions..
To be eligible, businesses need to:
- Be aligned with or further the academic mission of the college or university;
- Have positive community and economic benefits;
- Create and maintain new jobs.
Type of potentially eligible businesses:
- Start-up companies;
- Existing New York State companies that can demonstrate new job creation;
- Out-of-state companies that are relocating into New York State.